Author: Craig Ballantyne
Price: $39.95 for the basic edition & $77.00 for the deluxe edition. Trial offer and payment plans also available. (Read bottom of this page for details)
Guarantee: 60 day unconditional money back guarantee
Official site: turbulencetraining.com
Turbulence Training is a weight loss and muscle building guide written by Craig Ballantyne. Craig is a CSCS, or a certified strength and conditioning specialist. Not only is he a noted CSCS, he has also authored fitness articles for Men’s Health, Oxygen, Maximum Fitness, Men’s Fitness and more. Obviously, the man is an expert and knows what he’s talking about.
But does that mean his system will work for you? After all, being an expert doesn’t always mean you’re going to give the best advice. Let’s discuss this with our Turbulence Training review below.
The goal in this system is to lose fat and the same time that you build muscle, as opposed to losing fat before targeting your muscles or vice versa. Because of this, you can visibly see results quicker and fit the workouts more easily into your schedule. You concentrate on short, intense workouts that Craig developed with safety and calorie burning in mind.
This is a really interesting program, and you can actually learn a lot right from –this page– on his website. He debunks a lot of myths about cardio and I suggest you click here to read what the experts have to say so you don’t waste your time doing excessive amounts of cardio. Even without lots of cardio, Craig says you can a pound of body fat each week with this system. That is both impressive and extremely quick compared to most other diets and exercise programs. What’s even more impressive is that many people claim to exceed the 1 lb per week of fat loss, although they may just be talking about weight loss in general (not strictly speaking of fat loss as Craig does).
What We Liked About Turbulence Training
- He keeps the average Joes and Janes like us in mind. You don’t ever need to leave the house to hit the gym, so you can do these comfortably in your own home. Only basic equipment is needed and you don’t have to worry about sweating in front of other people.
- Plans for 26 weeks of workouts are provided, so you’ll never get bored of doing the same things over and over again. Another advantage of having access to so many workouts is that you utilize “muscle confusion” so that your muscles don’t grow tolerant of certain movements and then stop responding. As a CSCS, Craig knows this can happen and assures that you don’t fall in that trap.
- You focus on strength & interval training, which are the only types of exercises that cause your metabolism to raise, effectively helping you burn fat for days after a workout. Do a short amount of work which makes the most out of your workout time, and save the long, boring stuff like cardio for later.
- Custom workouts for men and women. Since men and women have different body types and capabilities, craig includes vital information for each sex and customized workout routines.
- You don’t have to do a ton of reading. If you’re not the type of person who can sit through 1000 pages of explanations and just want to get straight to the meat, this program is for you. He gives you a plan that works, you go and do it.
What wasn’t so great…
- In order to do the workouts you’ll need some pieces of equipment like barbells and an exercise ball. These can be bought at stores like Sports Authority or you can find them at numerous places online. Although these can be purchased for a very affordable price, it’s a slight negative being that it is an extra investment.
- If you currently engage in NO physical activity you’ll need to get your body to adjust first. You’ll have to start ramping up your exercise so that you can handle all the workouts provided in Turbulence Training.
- Craig doesn’t go into a great amount of detail about how to modify your diet. If you have common sense you can probably figure this out yourself (small, frequent, healthy meals plus lots of water) but some people like to be provided with a diet plan to follow. Although a diet plan can be a pain in the butt to follow, many people need that kind of help because it truly is hard build discipline all by yourself.
Packages & Options:
Basic edition: The main guide (electronic report), a 1 hour MP3, 7 bonus reports that supplement the main guide (also electronic reports), and a subscription for 3 months access to the Turbulenc Training site.
Deluxe edition: If you choose to upgrade to the Deluxe package, you get everything above plus 5 more bonus reports that compliment the main guide, workout manuals, 8 week training program and also a 6 month training program.
When purchasing, there are also options to pay for a trial or on a payment program. These options won’t allow you access to the whole program, just parts of it (that’s only fair). When you pay for the whole program you’ll get immediate access to everything.
ORDER THE PROGRAM or just gain some valuable knowledge right from his website. Either way, I think you’ll find yourself in a winning situation, as long as you put the info to good use.
For 21 days, you can choose to test the Turbulence Training system. This option costs an initial $4.95. Click here for access to the trial page.